Contractor shows up only sporadically these days. Still no water in kitchen, washing the few dishes I use in the bathtub. Dust is everywhere. My dog is pooping dust, I fear. Maybe it’s good for her, I don’t know.
Today I came home to find:
- kitchen cabinet doors on and painted the exact shade I wanted (good)
- outlets in kitchen and office blown out and not working (bad)
- workers thought enough to plug fridge into bedroom outlet with extension cord (good)
- attempted to put food back in finished cupboard but new door doesn’t open right (bad)
- frozen lasagne! (good)
- outlet for microwave and oven is out, I forgot (bad)
- Kite Runner arrived on Netflix (good)
- Ate crackers and tapenade for dinner (bad)
- My Race for the Cure pledges are up to more than $1,200! (AMAZING!)
- Nat and SG and Connie call and force me to come out for late-night party in Los Feliz (I love my friends so much)
HOWEVER, the evening was redeemed when Angie turned me on to my new favorite time-waster, CAKE WRECKS, a blog about horrible professional cakes. This kind of blog, ladies and gents, is what makes our nation great.