Great takeaways from Facebook Chief Operating Officer’s Sheryl Sandberg’s TED talk on why women hold only a fraction of leadership positions men do. Sit down with a crisp chenin blanc, an earthy cabernet, steaming mug of cocoa or your morning tea and listen to this 15 minutes of truly inspired insight:
1. Sit at the table.
- 7 percent of women negotiate salary for their first job. 57 percent of men do.
- Women regularly underestimate their abilities, while men tend to overestimate.
- Success and likability are proportionate for men, but disproportionate for women.
2. Make your partner a real partner.
Dude should be participating in child rearing and homemaking as much as you are.
3. Don’t leave before you leave.
Women regularly tend to take themselves out of the running by sitting back at work in preparation for having children. Be in the game, until it’s time to get out. As we know, child-having can take a very long time.
She is 40licious. I love her.