To Our Daughter,
I am writing this on a plane, on my way to see you born. I hope I get there in time to watch you unfold and blossom into the world, a healthy, peaceful little girl. Our daughter. It is such a thrill to write that. Our daughter. I suspect it is a thrill that will never go away.
You are a very special girl. So many people have loved you — your birth mother, B, and your birth father, B. Your dad and I have wanted you for such a long time. In fact, just last week we told you, “come find us. We’ll take it from there.” We love you so much already and can’t wait to meet you.
I can’t wait to find out what’s happening. Steve, your dad, was on his way to be with you when I got on the plane.
I am sending a special message to God now, and hopefuly writing it down will be a way from it to come through stronger and clearer.
- May you arrive healthy and happy.
- May you know love and peace from the moment you take your first breath, and forever after that.
- May your angels keep close watch over you, and protect you in a world filled with uncertainty.
- May we be the best parents for you. We hope you’ll never want for anything, that your life will be sunny and filled with beauty and wonder.
- That you will grow into a compassionate, funny, intelligent woman. We are proud of you already.
OK we are getting ready to land now, so I’m putting this notebook away. Little one, I can’t wait to meet you. We will rock this world together.
Vanessa McGrady Spiller
|Grace Magnolia Spiller, born June 7, 2011, 5:48 p.m.|