I regularly create gift guides for Forbes.com, my GreenMeansGo sustainable travel and lifestyle blog, and other outlets. I am especially interested in items from independent, POC, LGBTQ, marginalized and environmentally/socially thoughtful entrepreneurs.
If you are pitching an item for the gift guides, please note the following:
- This year’s Gifts That Give Back must donate at least 20% of the purchase price to an NGO or charity, use a buy one/give one formula, and/or have a formidable social/environmental benefit component. I will only consider pitches that includes these details. It’s also helpful to tell me how much your organization has already donated, and other impacts you’ve had on underserved populations.
- I will also consider ideas for gifts for at work, pets, students, geeks, and people you don’t know well.
- I will only consider items that have been pitched via email. Please do not call me or send a message through Facebook. I try to respond to everyone.
- You are welcome to send samples, but please note that this has no bearing on if your item is included or not. It is unethical for me to guarantee coverage in exchange for a sample. If you would like your item considered and returned, please send pre-paid return shipping materials. Otherwise it will be donated or given to a needy person in the Los Angeles area. Samples may be sent to Vanessa McGrady, 1112 B North Louise St., Glendale, CA 91027
- To be considered for 2017 holiday gift guides, please connect with me by 11/30/2017.
Thank you, and I look forward to hearing your ideas.