Amplify Your Message
Vanessa McGrady is an award-winning communications expert skilled in delivering results-oriented, multi-platform, integrated communications plans to Fortune 200 corporations, small businesses and solo entrepreneurs. Vanessa’s understanding of narrative, keen editorial eye, deep knowledge of up-to-the-minute communication platforms and strategic vision have provided compelling, successful campaigns for clients such as BBVA Compass bank, Wells Fargo, Discover, Quicken, Lending Tree, Arizona Public Service, Kaiser Permanente, Southern California Edison, Alaska Airlines Magazine, Comply Socially, the Japan External Trade Organization and PostSecret.com.
She’s currently a personal finance columnist for Forbes.com. As a journalist, Vanessa has covered parenting, travel, sustainability and business for the New York Times, Reuters, Sunset, the Seattle Times, the Puget Sound Business Journal and other online and print publications. Well-versed in how to make an impact in today’s saturated, highly connected media and consumer environment, Vanessa brings together multiple disciplines to achieve powerful results for her clients.
Industry expertise includes:
- Personal finance: Family finance, the art of being a savvy consumer, prosperity
- Energy: Renewables, energy efficiency, consumer issues, change management
- Healthcare: Affordable Care Act, community benefit, community health projects
- Travel & food: Sustainability, tourism, hotels, airlines, dining, culinary arts and artisanal cuisine and beverages
- Social media: Compliance, best practices, editorial
Vanessa and her team provide leadership in the following capabilities to help get the right message to the right audience:
- Public relations: Infographics, press releases, relationship cultivation, media events
- Executive coaching, speechwriting, presentations
- Editorial content strategy and execution, managing writers, editorial calendar creation and management, SEO and social media integration
- Event management, outreach and follow-up
- Speaking tours and local media outreach
- Social media: Campaign strategy and rollout, contests, social voice, emergency/crisis preparation
- Direct email: Campaign concept, copy, tag lines, subject lines
- Internal communications: Change-management strategies, intranet editorial, direct emails, internal presentations, speechwriting, surveys, non-digital engagement
- Brand analysis, creative direction and execution
- Industry white papers and case studies
- Video hosting
Vanessa values collaboration, streamlined processes, creative problem solving, responsiveness and community building. Call 323-244-3300 or write for a consultation about how you can get the results you need to move your initiatives forward.